|Other University Scholarships and Financial Aid||
Global Citizens Project
Global Explorers Travel Award – Summer 2017
The Global Explorers Travel Award has been established to further the goals of the Global Citizens Project, which encourages and rewards undergraduate students’ global engagement. Each year, twenty-five (25) $1,000 awards will be given to undergraduate students participating in a USF-sponsored summer program. The Scholarship Process will be administered jointly by the USF Education Abroad Office and the Global Citizens Project. For more information please visit the GCP Study Abroad Scholarships site for further details. Submission deadline is March 29, 2017.
Scholarship Eligibility Summer:
- Full-time USF degree seeking undergraduate student
- Must be a Global Citizen Award participant (attended a Starting your Adventure Workshop and completed an Adventure Map)
- Any major
- US citizens or International Students
- USF Tampa campus only
- Must be Accepted into a USF Education Abroad program and enrolling in a minimum of 6 USF credits
- The Global Explorers Travel Award cannot be combined with the Global Citizens Project (GCP) Study Abroad Scholarship Award during the same term.
USF College of Arts and Sciences
Summer Fellowship for the Study of the Ancient World, 2017
A grant of up to $1000 will be awarded for the purpose of attending a summer study abroad program located in a Mediterranean country whose focus is the ancient world. Eligible programs include archaeological field schools and study programs offered by North American or European Universities for academic credit. Priority will be given to qualifying programs offered by USF History faculty and to summer programs offered by the American School of Classical Studies at Athens (ASCSA) and the American Academy in Rome (AAR).
For more information on the fellowship please view the flyer here. To apply for the fellowship please download the application here.
USF College of Behavioral and Community Sciences
USF College of Business Scholarship
MUMA Spring Break in London (Spring Break 2017)
$500 to the first 10 students who complete the program application and pay the required deposit.
Principles in Management in Panama (Summer 2017)
$750 to the first 15 students who complete the program application and pay the required deposit.
USF in Florence Business (Summer 2017)
$1,000 to the first 5 students who complete the program application and pay the required deposit. For students taking BUL 3320, a $1,000 scholarships will be given to the top 20 students! To qualify you must be a Pre-Accounting or Accounting major who took ACG 2021 and ACG 2071 at USF Tampa and received a "B" or better.
ISM in India (Summer 2017)
$1,000 to the first 20 students who complete the program application and pay the required deposit.
USF in London (Summer 2017)
$875 to the first 10 students who complete the program application and pay the required deposit.
Please see: http://www.usf.edu/business/undergraduate/financial-aid.aspx or contact Pavla Ozkul: email@example.com
Another resource is the USF Financial Aid Services scholarship search engine; students may also want to refer to the scholarship name.
Studying abroad does not need to be an expensive experience. Florida and federal financial aid may be used by students participating in USF-sponsored study abroad programs, and many study abroad scholarships exist as well.
Our office will liaison with the USF Office of Financial Aid, however, students are responsible for:
- making an appointment to consult with a financial aid advisor to see what of their aid may apply
- Students receiving financial aid and either exchanging for a semester or transferring credits should complete the USF Financial Aid, Education Abroad Certification Contract (SAE):Linked in the "forms" section of the Office of Financial Aid's Website above. Please note, your main academic advisor must sign off on your intended course selection on part B. They are approving these courses to count towards your degree, not approving the equivalencies (this would already have been done in your course approval form).
- Students completing the SAE must send confirmation of their enrollment from the foreign institution to the Financial Aid Office. Aid for semester exchanges and transfer credit will not be disbursed until after the confirmation of enrollment is processed and aid is disbursed on campus.
Listed below are some of the more popular college funding options and information regarding whether they apply to study abroad:
Usually, students can use their Florida Prepaid funding to help offset the costs of studying abroad. The total fee amount that Florida Prepaid will cover depends on several factors:
- The number of credit hours the student will receive during his/her study abroad program
- The rate that Florida Prepaid is paying per credit hour
- The total dollar amount that has been accrued in the student's prepaid account
Students interested in using their prepaid funding to help pay the costs of studying abroad should email a statement to EA-Business@usf.edu, expressing his/her wishes to use prepaid funding for this purpose. Education Abroad will partner with the USF Cashier's Office and Florida Prepaid to apply the funding for the student's study abroad trip. Within the term the student should receive a credit on his/her OASIS account for prepaid funding. Please be advised that Florida Prepaid only pays the rate per credit hour that would normally apply if the student were taking courses on-campus.