USF World | USF Home | Search USF | Student NetID Login | Incoming Exchange Login | Faculty/Staff Login
University of South Florida
Faculty Program Director On-Site Responsibilities
- Group Travel Arrangements: Accompany students on the group flight when the program officially begins. If you must travel in advance of the students, advise them early on that you will meet them upon arrival. You are expected to be in residence with the students during the entire program. After the official end of the program, you may return to the U.S. at a date later than the group return.
- Program Services: Oversee the on-site administration and delivery of program services and features promised.
- Orientation: Conduct, or assist on-site providers with an on-site program orientation. Local safety precautions should be addressed. Provide cross-cultural and personal counseling as needed.
- Teaching Standards: Teach the course(s) offered as part of the program and serve as the USF Instructor of Record. Enforce the same USF course and participation requirements for students abroad as on-campus.
- Advising: Provide academic advisement for the students. If the program format does not involve daily teaching contact with the students, set regular office hours when students can meet with you.
- Emergencies: Contact the Education Abroad Office immediately if there are any emergencies or unexpected problems. If there are terrorist threats or other risks to the safety of the group, have students contact their families to inform them of the situation.
- USF Representation: Serve as the official USF representative in any issues involving legal or medical emergencies. This may include in loco parentis responsibilities, such as taking a student to the hospital in the middle of the night.
- Evaluation: Administer the student program evaluation (as on campus, have a student conduct the evaluation process). The Education Abroad Office will provide a packet of program evaluation forms before departure. Allow time during the final week of the program for students to complete the evaluations. Seal the packet and return it to our office upon your return.