Creating an FLVC Application
If you are a current student attending one of the schools in the State University System of Florida and the Florida College System, please apply via the free Transient Application on the Florida Virtual Campus website.
- Please read the Transient Student Admission Application requirements before beginning your Transient Student Admission Application. Be sure to notify your home institution of your plans for study abroad through USF before submitting your application.
- When you are ready to begin your Transient Student Admission Application, go to https://www.floridashines.org/succeed-in-college/take-a-course-at-another-school
- Click the button "Apply or Check Application Status Now" in the middle of the page.
- This will prompt you to choose your current university/college and log in with your Student ID and PIN/Password.
- Complete the Transient application. Be sure to select “The University of South Florida” under “Schools” where it asks you to choose the Host Institution. Please specify “Study Abroad” in the student comments section.
- Be sure to contact your academic advisor at your current home institution because they will receive an approval email when you submit the Transient application. You may log back into your FLVC application to view the status at any time.
- After your application is approved by your home institution, please allow 48 hours for USF to process your application. You will then receive a notification which will include information about how to activate your account. After you receive confirmation, you will be able to go to https://netid.usf.edu/una/ and click "Activate your USF NetID" in order to go through the USF NetID activation process.
- After you have activated your NetID, wait 24 hours for the system to update with your information. Then you may return to the USF Education Abroad website and apply to an outgoing program using your USF Student NetID Login. IMPORTANT: After you get your USF NetID setup please login to USF Education Abroad site by clicking the "USF LOGIN" option.