The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity (http://www.canneslions.com/home/) is considered the largest and most prestigious gathering of worldwide advertising professionals, designers, digital innovators and marketers. Each June in Cannes, 12,000 registered delegates and major players from nearly 100 countries visit the event to celebrate the best of creativity in brand communication, discuss industry issues, attend seminars/workshops and network with one another. Thousands of ads from all over the world are showcased and judged. In 2014, a record number of entries were received – 37,427.
The festival features classes, seminars and workshops tailored for young professionals to give them access and exposure to current industry trends, industry superstars and galleries that display the best advertising in the world. The students are able to network with other students, as well as with various PR, advertising agencies and creative leaders on a global level. Participants get to see first-hand the world’s best advertising and marketing campaigns and meet the people who created them.
2017 Program Itinerary
June 16 (Fri)
– Students depart U.S., fly to Nice, France. Nice is 20 miles from Cannes – bus or rail will easily get you there. More details will be announced.
June 17 (Sat)
– First class meeting, Pick up festival passes; welcome dinner in the evening.
June 18-24 (Sun-Sat)
– Cannes Creative Festival, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily
June 25 (Sun)
– Check out of Cannes hotel. Travel to Paris; Paris hotel check-in.
June 26-30 (M-F)
– Class meetings and ad agency visits. Tour of Paris.
July 1 (Sat)
– Group Cultural Activity: Bateaux Bus, Catacombs, museums, etc.
July 2 (Sun)
– Free day
July 3-6 (M-Th)
– Class meeting and ad agency visits.
July 7 (Fri)
– Check out of Paris hotel. Program ends. Students fly back to the US on this day unless they have plans to do more travel in Europe.
*This schedule is tentative; a more complete one will follow.
Watch the program video from 2015: