Conference and Express Travel Registration
Please use the Express Travel Registration if you are:
- participating in a conference or symposium located outside of the United States; or
- traveling internationally on an approved Department Travel Request (TR) for a short-term experience (less than 2 weeks); or
- an international student returning to your home country for an academic activity such as research or an internship;
AND, you are:
- healthy and wish to waive a medical review.
This application is not intended for travel to countries with high crime and/or high terrorist threat as identified by the US State Department. For questions about whether your destination falls into a high-risk category, or are unsure if your travel falls aligns with the criteria listed above, please contact GlobalTravel@usf.edu.
(If you would rather register with the full version of the Independent Traveler Registration, click here)
Registering will trigger the following:
- Enrollment in USF’s International Health and Evacuation Insurance.
- Access to 24/7 medical and security support through our international insurance provider
- Receipt of travel related advisories
- Enrollment in an “Express Version” of our CANVAS Pre-Departure Orientation
Required Safety and Security Monitoring (SSM) Charge: Graduate and undergraduate students traveling internationally are required to register with USF World for any and all activities associated with their status as USF students per USF Policy 10-507. The SSM charge helps to support the activities of the International Risk and Security Office (IRSO) – a unit within USF World. Charges are as follows: 1-14 days $30; 15-28 days $40; and 29 days or more $50. The SSM charge supports the University’s monitoring of international events and conditions that affect the wellbeing of travelers, 24/7 assistance while abroad, and other activities associated with risk mitigation. During the registration process, the traveler will be asked to identify what entity will be responsible for this charge. It may be paid by the traveler (Oasis account), or from a USF departmental or college account.
Comprehensive International Medical and Evacuation Insurance: USF’s International Health and Evacuation Insurance is paid for by USF and is mandatory but only covers the dates of authorized travel. Travelers may purchase the same coverage for independent travel outside the dates of authorized travel. Contact GlobalTravel@usf.edu for more information. The insurance provides 24/7 medical and emergency support for USF registered travelers.
What you will need to get started:
- Your Travel Authorization Number ("TR");
- Your Travel Dates and Locations;
- Name and contact information for a person in your department responsible for the SSM Charge (see above);
- The contact information for your host or partner abroad (if you have one);
- Link to the conference website or a description of the activities;
- Your personal address, phone and email at each destination (As Applicable);
- Your emergency contact’s address in the U.S., phone and email;
- An electronic copy/photo or PDF of your airline tickets;
- An electronic copy/photo of your Passport (and Visa if applicable) to upload.
If you have questions or run into difficulties please contact us at GlobalTravel@usf.edu